Sunday, June 7, 2009

thoughts on Psalm 9

Psalm 9
For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1.I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
2.I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

This Psalm convicts me.

Yes, I think of Him...at church, in my devotional times, when I am reflecting on my day before I go to sleep, and I feel grateful for my life and all His provisions. But do I praise him with ALL my heart?

My mind travels to my situation at work. Do I use every opportunity to tell of His wonders, to share what I know of Him? To be perfectly honest, the answer in “No!” I like to think that I am displaying Jesus to those around me. I live according to Christian moral standards. I go to church. They must know. Right?

Hmmm. I wonder how many of those outside my circle of Christian friends know about my personal relationship with Christ, about the ways I have seen him work in my life, about the freedom and peace I have gained through coming to know Him. If I am totally honest, probably NONE of them. I haven't told them and thinking they are somehow going to catch it by osmosis, is just wishful thinking.

I want to be like David, openly sharing all His wonders, rejoicing and praising His name.

God, make yourself real enough to me that praise will just bubble out of me. Help me to be conscious of you in all I do and to share you willingly and with an enthusiasm that allows me to sing with David, “I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart. I will tell of all your wonders”

No comments: