Thursday, October 2, 2008

On Sleeping In

Isn’t it amazing how when you give yourself permission to sleep in, lo and behold, you wake up early, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed?

Lately I have been feeling exhausted; too much on my plate, some of which has been causing me to feel overwhelmed. Last night I decided that what I really needed was some good old ‘down time’ and extra sleep. Did that happen? No! It seems that when we need to rest, the problems that make us tired tend to wake us early.

So, I got up. I did have a lovely quiet time sitting in my favorite chair reading and meditating. That in itself brings rest to the soul. The material that I read spoke well to my anxiety; so, although I did not sleep extra hours, I do feel more at peace.

Welcome, new day! I am ready for what you have to offer.

1 comment:

M. Hernandez said...

I can relate to this post...sometimes I am exhausted but wake up early; sometimes it is the other way around. Isn't it weird the way our bodies work? I often try to press my thumb on the right formula for handling this syndrome, but I still cannot find out.
---Monica