Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Personal Look at Romans 8:38-39


I am a conqueror
because of and through
the power of Jesus Christ,
who loves me.
Nothing at all can separate me from his love!

So when I feel attacked
unloved
unappreciated,
I need to rebuke that thought.

Death won’t separate me from his love,
but neither will life
with all its stresses,
its victories, its defeats.
Nothing in life will change God’s love for me.

Angels won’t separate me.
They wouldn’t want to!
They are here to protect me,
to keep me connected
to God.

But demons,
that’s another matter!
They try their best to persuade me
that God doesn’t love me,
that I don’t matter to him.
They use every trick in the book
to make my life look bleak,
to tweak my anger,
to riddle me with guilt,
to make me cry foul and seek revenge,
to harden my heart in unforgiveness,
but
they cannot separate me
from God’s love.

His love,
shown to me by Jesus,
the way he cared for the people around him;
his healing power,
his attention to provision for their needs,
his loving discussions with his followers,
his stilling of their fears,
his confrontations,
his exhortations,
his prayers for those he loved,
his implicit trust in sending them out on their own,
his extension of the Holy Spirit
to us who believe.

This love is
available to me.
Always!
Nothing can separate me from his love.

No comments: